Monday, May 23, 2011

My First Posting

Greetings!

This blog is intended to share my personal and career development journey so that others interested in self improvement or on their own personal journeys may benefit from my experiences.  

Currently, I serve as Retention and Matriculation Advisor at the University of San Francisco, a position that I have held for almost 4 years.  Over the course of the next year, I would like to move into the next phase of my career and transition towards a job that is more directly related to Career Development - or at least the intersection of Academic Advising and Career Development.  My long term goal is to someday be the Director of an Academic and Career Advising Center - or possibly to be self-employed as a Career Development Coach.

On a personal note, I have a growing interest in spiritual and life practices that can enhance my intuition and lead me to more authentic, balanced choices in my life.  I am attempting to develop a regular meditation practice, have developed a passion for Biodanza, and have been utilizing a hypnotherapist and acupuncturist throughout the past year or so - these are just a few examples of things that I have tried in recent years!  I would like to explore these and other similar modalities more deeply and see what influence they have on my career development and my overall life journey. 

In this blog, I will do my best to give updates and reflections regarding my adventures and share useful resources that I encounter which my be beneficial for my followers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment